activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Yenki <yan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fast producers,slow consumer... queue growing forever
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:15:55 GMT

Ok I will. By that time maybe you want to take a look at this post where I
explained the problem in more details. 
http://www.nabble.com/Possible-defect-in-Message-Eviction-to22415827.html
http://www.nabble.com/Possible-defect-in-Message-Eviction-to22415827.html 

Yannick


Andreas Gies-3 wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I am glad the answer helped a bit. It would be great if you could turn  
> your test app into a JUnit test and log a JIRA for your issue.
> 
> Best regards
> Andreas
> 
> On Mar 11, 2009, at 9:27 PM, Yenki wrote:
> 
>>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> thanks for your help! We also managed to make memory limit work on  
>> 5.2. But
>> we still have problemes with message eviction. I'v create a small
>> application to test it while stepping in ActiveMQ code. What I found  
>> is that
>> one evicted message out of two is redirected to the client. I'm almost
>> convinced there is a bug there.
>> does Anybody have the same problem?
>>
>> Yannick
>>
>> Andreas Gies-3 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I have run into a similar issue with a later version of ActiveMQ and
>>> have blogged about that.
>>> Perhaps that helps you:
>>> http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com/2009/01/limiting-disk-store-usage-with-active.html
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> On Mar 11, 2009, at 6:24 PM, pclovec wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Make met same problem
>>>>
>>>> Yenki wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi, for the last few days I’ve been trying to solve a fast
>>>>> producers /
>>>>> slow consumer problem. I want a limited amount of messages fetch on
>>>>> the
>>>>> consumer (this works) but I also want to have a limited amount of
>>>>> messages
>>>>> in the queue itself (doesn’t work). I use ActiveMQ 4.1.2 Here is
>>>>> what I
>>>>> tried:
>>>>>
>>>>> #1 Setup destinations policies
>>>>> I added this to my activemq.xml
>>>>>
>>>>>   <destinationPolicy>
>>>>>     <policyMap><policyEntries>
>>>>>         <policyEntry queue=">">
>>>>>           <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
>>>>>             <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="10"/>
>>>>>           </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
>>>>> 	    <messageEvictionStrategy>
>>>>> 	      <oldestMessageEvictionStrategy/>
>>>>>           </messageEvictionStrategy >
>>>>>         </policyEntry>
>>>>>     </policyEntries></policyMap>
>>>>>   </destinationPolicy>
>>>>>
>>>>> How can I know if my policies are applied? They don’t seem to be
>>>>> because
>>>>> when I run my application my queue is growing until out of memory.
>>>>> What I
>>>>> see from JMX…
>>>>> -QueueSize of my queue growing forever (with prefetch of 20 &  
>>>>> pending
>>>>> limit of 10 I would expect a max of 30 right?)
>>>>> -MaximumPendingMessageLimit=0 for the non-durable subscription to
>>>>> this
>>>>> queue
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> #2 Queue configurations
>>>>> I tried to set MaximumPendingMessageLimit when I create the queue.
>>>>> mySession.createQueue(“MyQueue” +
>>>>> "? 
>>>>> consumer.prefetchSize=20&consumer.maximumPendingMessageLimit=10");
>>>>>
>>>>> What I see from JMX…
>>>>> -QueueSize of my queue growing forever
>>>>> -The value for the non-durable subscription to this queue are:
>>>>>     MaximumPendingMessageLimit=10
>>>>>     PrefetchSize=20
>>>>>
>>>>> #3 Memory limit
>>>>> As a last resort I tried to set a memory limit on my policyEntry
>>>>> and on my
>>>>> broker and it is still growing forever.
>>>>> From JMX I see the MemoryPercentageUsed always to 0 for both broker
>>>>> and
>>>>> Queue. I run Broken embedded in the same VM than my application.
>>>>> Maybe it
>>>>> can explain why.
>>>>>
>>>>> Could someone help me make my PendingMessageLimit works so I don’t
>>>>> run out
>>>>> of memory.
>>>>> Thanks for your help
>>>>>
>>>>> Yannick
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> View this message in context:
>>>> http://www.nabble.com/Fast-producers%2Cslow-consumer...-queue-growing-forever-tp22373306p22460136.html
>>>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
>>> Andreas Gies
>>> Principal Consultant
>>> Open Source Center of Competence
>>>
>>> Progress Software GmbH
>>> Agrippinawerft 26
>>> 50678 Köln
>>>
>>> E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
>>> Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
>>> Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
>>> Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
>>> Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
>>> Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168
>>>
>>> http://www.progress.com
>>> http://fusesource.com
>>> http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>> Progress Software GmbH
>>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
>>> Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
>>> Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
>>> Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland
>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>
>> -- 
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Fast-producers%2Cslow-consumer...-queue-growing-forever-tp22373306p22463774.html
>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
> 
> ---
> Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
> Andreas Gies
> Principal Consultant
> Open Source Center of Competence
> 
> Progress Software GmbH
> Agrippinawerft 26
> 50678 Köln
> 
> E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
> Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
> Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
> Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
> Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
> Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168
> 
> http://www.progress.com
> http://fusesource.com
> http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Progress Software GmbH
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
> Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
> Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland
> -------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Fast-producers%2Cslow-consumer...-queue-growing-forever-tp22373306p22473176.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message