activemq-users mailing list archives

From Antsa <...@teamware.com>
Subject Using properties with BytesMessage with XML content
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 02:00:05 GMT

Using ActiveMQ, I want to send UTF8 encoded XML.  BytesMessage seems the most
appropriate although the JMS javadocs state that TextMessage is for XML - (I
disagree as UTF8 is not 'text', i.e. a sequence of chars in Java, it's a
sequence of bytes - this is like using application/xml instead of text/xml -
but I digress...).

Anyway, the javadocs also state

"Although the JMS API allows the use of message properties with byte
messages, they are typically not used"

I want to add properties because I want the consumers to be able to use
selectors (rather than consuming all messages and discarding the ones they
don't want)

I've read various post in places on this subject, but as I'm new to JMS and
am using ActiveMQ, wanted to know what others experience of this is.

TIA
Antony