activemq-users mailing list archives

From JasonCzerak <czer...@jostens.com>
Subject NFS locking issue for Master/Slave
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:41:40 GMT

I'm using the latest ActiveMQ 5.2.0 Release. I have a clustered configuration
for the NetApp filters. So my file system store is very HA.

I'm using the idea documented here:
http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

This process works so long as the master sever never crashes hard. (Kernel
Panic, or power cable unplug). If I pull the plug, or issue a "echo "c" >
/proc/sysrq-trigger" the file system lock is never released "until" the
master server comes on line and mounts it's network files sytem, or I kill
the lock via NetApp's sm_mon command.

Any ideas here to correct this?  I'm going to convert the file system to
mixed (enable cifs) and see if that helps a little using samba client.