activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to run Unit test for ActiveMQ NMS
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:12:21 GMT
On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 06:50 -0700, manua wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use NMS on windows. I tried to run the Unit tests through
> NUnit, but unable to do so. Out of the total 85 test cases, 61 have
> failed.tests pertaining to Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Test.dll have passed, but all
> the tests for Apache.NMS.Test.dll have failed. The error, I got is,
>
> Apache.NMS.Test.AsyncConsumeTest.TestAsynchronousConsume(False):
> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException : No such host is known
>
> at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
> at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean
> includeIPv6)
> at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
> at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransportFactory.Connect(String
> host, Int32 port) in
> c:\amq\activemq-dotnet\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ\trunk\src\main\csharp\Transport\Tcp\TcpTransportFactory.cs:line
> 159
> at
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransportFactory.CompositeConnect(Uri
> location) in
> c:\amq\activemq-dotnet\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ\trunk\src\main\csharp\Transport\Tcp\TcpTransportFactory.cs:line
> 113
> at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransportFactory.CreateTransport(Uri
> location) in
> c:\amq\activemq-dotnet\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ\trunk\src\main\csharp\Transport\Tcp\TcpTransportFactory.cs:line
> 144
> at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.TransportFactory.CreateTransport(Uri
> location) in
> c:\amq\activemq-dotnet\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ\trunk\src\main\csharp\Transport\TransportFactory.cs:line
> 82
> at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String userName,
> String password) in
> c:\amq\activemq-dotnet\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ\trunk\src\main\csharp\ConnectionFactory.cs:line
> 100
> at Apache.NMS.Test.NMSTestSupport.CreateConnection(String newClientId)
> at Apache.NMS.Test.AsyncConsumeTest.TestAsynchronousConsume(Boolean
> persistent)
>
> I got the same error for the all the failed test cases. My ActiveMQ broker
> is runing at localhost:61616.
>
> Please let me know, what may be wrong from my side. Its my first experiance
> with NMS. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

In order to run the NMS unit tests you need to be running a broker.
Following that you need to edit the config file in
nmsprovider-test.config to reflect the address where your broker can be
found, by default its set to activemqhost.  You could also alias
activemqhost in your hosts file.

Regards
Tim

--