activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bill Schuller <Bill_Schul...@intuit.com>
Subject Re: sending messages to a topic that program is listening to
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:48:06 GMT
Implement a header property identifying the source of the message (
ŒsetStringProperty(source, ³me²)¹. In your topic subscription, use a
selector like Œsource not me¹ in each of your apps...

On 2/5/09 9:38 AM, "Mark Webb" <elihusmails@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a group of applications that use JMS to communicate.  I would
> like to set up a topic for internal control messages (status,
> heartbeat..etc).  Each of these processes will subscribe to the topic
> and send messages to each other periodically.  The problem I have is
> that if application A sends a message to the topic for application B,
> C and D to receive, they are going to receive the message.  Is there
> an easy way to filter messages in the onMessage(Message) method so
> that application A does not receive its own messages?
>
> Or is there a better way to allow applications to communicate with
> each other for control messages.
>
> Thanks

Bill Schuller, Sr. SW Engineer
Intuit, Inc.
Intuit Ecosystem Platform Service Foundations
+1-214-387-2583, bill_schuller@intuit.com <mailto:bill_schuller@intuit.com>
5601 Headquarters Drive, Plano, TX 75024