activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mark Webb <elihusma...@gmail.com>
Subject sending messages to a topic that program is listening to
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:38:59 GMT
I have a group of applications that use JMS to communicate.  I would
like to set up a topic for internal control messages (status,
heartbeat..etc).  Each of these processes will subscribe to the topic
and send messages to each other periodically.  The problem I have is
that if application A sends a message to the topic for application B,
C and D to receive, they are going to receive the message.  Is there
an easy way to filter messages in the onMessage(Message) method so
that application A does not receive its own messages?

Or is there a better way to allow applications to communicate with
each other for control messages.

Thanks