activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <michael.jus...@gmx.net>
Subject XStream annotations for XML transformation
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:46:54 GMT

Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> is your SamplePojo properly annotated so it can be marshaled with XStream?

In my tests (using ActiveMQ 5.2, XStream 1.3) I found that the serialization
to XML works fine even without annotations, a simple (serializable) class
can be received by a Stomp client in XML format, which is great because
there are no dependencies in the class definition. My original problem was
solved using correct transformation name.

Now I tried to use annotations following the example on
http://xstream.codehaus.org/annotations-tutorial.html. I can see the
serialized 'RendezvousMessage' in the Admin console (as
RendezvousMessage$NNNNN). And I can receive it in the Stomp client as XML,
however, the annotations do not have an effect on the XML content.

I have not yet checked in the ActiveMQ source if it calls the
xstream.processAnnotations method for the object class, which seems to be
necessary, or if I made a mistake somewhere else.