activemq-users mailing list archives

From mcarter <mcar...@funnelback.com>
Subject Re: Messages being consumed but not delivered to the application
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:10:14 GMT

I'm so unbelievably happy that I worked out what was causing this issue!

It seems that the two servers I was using had different times set on them.
So the receiving machine thought the message was expired, and so rejected
it, while the broker itself thought the message was fine, and so hung onto
it.

Incidentally I needed to hack on the source code to reveal this and noticed
that had I been able to enable debug logging on the broker it would have
told me what the problem was right away. But I found I couldn't actually get
any debugging output from activeMQ, even after setting up a log4j.properties
file as recommended by the activeMQ website. Has anyone else had trouble
getting activeMQ to output debugging information?