activemq-users mailing list archives

From kalki70 <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Automatic recovery when using Message Groups
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:03:28 GMT

Hi, Dejan,

My opinion is that the functionality of Message Groups is partially broken
if there is no automatic recovery. What should the user do? Restart ActiveMQ
? :-(
I don't think it is so hard to implement. Upon subscription the consumer
could be informed its consumer id, which can be an optional parameter for
subscriptions. It would be responsibility of the consumer, when it
subscribes again, to provide its previous consumer id, if it wants to assume
the identity of the previous consumer.
If it doesn't provide it, it will be assigned a new consumer id. Assigned
consumer ids that are not claimed back could be released based on some
criteria, for instance, they could have an expiration time.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Luis