activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dietmar Calmbach ...@calmbachweb.de>
Subject Problem with redelivery (AQ 5.1)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:28:52 GMT

Hi there,

i configured the active mq connection factory via spring in the following
way:

	<!--  Configure the access to the JMS Queue -->
	<bean id="connectionFactory"
		<property name="brokerURL" value="${targad.base.messagebrokerUrl}" />
		<property name="redeliveryPolicy">
			<bean class="org.apache.activemq.RedeliveryPolicy">
				<property name="initialRedeliveryDelay" value="10000" />
			</bean>
		</property>
	</bean>

I debugged that the Policy is set correct when creating a connection. So the
redeliver delay should be 10 seconds and a message should be redelivered max
6 times which is the default.

Also i created a test client that receives a message in a transacted session
and that invokes a rollback.

What i expect is, that the message is first redelivered to my test client
after 10 secs, and after 6 receive loops it is a poison pill.

But what i see is that the message is redelivered at once and itdoes not
seem to be a limitation of the number of redeliveries.

I'm quite new to AQ so perhaps i have a missunderstanding.

Please help!

Best regards
Dietmar