activemq-users mailing list archives

From mcarter <mcar...@funnelback.com>
Subject Messages not being delivered correctly
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:14:12 GMT

Hi all,

I have a problem whereby a consumer that I'm expecteing to be able to
receive a message never receives it. It always times out instead.
Using jconsole I can see that the message I'm looking for gets produced and
stays in the queue before and after the consumer tries to get it. After the
consumer has tried to grab it and fails, the JMSRedelivered property on the
message in the queue changes from false to true. This suggests that message
delivery was attempted, but failed for some reason. This is the same
behaviour I experience when I forgot to call start() on my client
connection. However this time I'm very sure that I am calling start.

Does anyone have any ideas why the message delivery might be failing?