activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <>
Subject Re: STOMP: broker sends "transformation" header for TextMessage
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:17:10 GMT

Dejan Bosanac wrote:
> we have discussed this earlier and decided to leave transformation as pure
> send/subscribe transient header (which apparently is not, as you have it
> in
> your received message). As there were a few requests for this already,
> perhaps we should add a support for something like this.

Yes IMHO it would be an improvement if a STOMP subscriber has a reliable
way to see the message type of incoming messages (object vs. text).

This problem also exists if the sender is a Java application, sending native
Java objects and text messages.
There are no transformation headers in the message between
sender and broker. But if the sender mixes text- and objectmessages, the
subscriber will receive the transformation header for both types, and he
will try to treat the text messages as object messages.