activemq-users mailing list archives

From mcarter <>
Subject Messages being consumed but not delivered to the application
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 06:28:17 GMT

Hi all,
I have a strange problem where it seems I have a message consumer consuming
a message from a queue when I call receive(), but returning null rather than
the message.

I have a simple system where a client sends a message to a queue on a
different machine, another process reads that message and creates a response
in a different queue. The client is then supposed to consume the return

In my setup the call to receive() always times out and returns null.
Originally I thought this might be some kind of network problem (despite the
broker connection remaining active) but checking the network traffic flow
with wireshark shows that the return message is in fact sent to my client
(and the return message is removed from the broker), but the receive call
still returns null.

And I'm afraid I haven't the slightest idea why. Does anyone have any
insight into what may be occurring here?