activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Huber" <stilles_was...@gmx.at>
Subject ActiveMQ: many clients, client-to-client, Internet
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:25:52 GMT
Dear list

I am developing a distributed system with the following characteristics:
- many clients (usually online 24/7)
- connected via the Internet
- mostly direct client-to-client (1:1) communication

I am not sure whether ActiveMQ or messaging in general is suitable if the communication is
mostly client-to-client, i.e. the sender explicitly addresses one particular client.

Will such client-to-client messages always be routed through the broker or can two clients
communicate directly with each other, bypassing to send all data through the broker? If not,
what is the solution in order to avoid a bottleneck at the broker?

I have currently developed my own messaging system based on TCP or UDP, but the advanced features
of ActiveMQ might be worth switching.
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a