activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject Problem with topic...
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:09:46 GMT
I have a problem when using topic... I have two listener that listen on the same topic.. But
when I post a topic, sometimes both listeners read the
topic and sometime only one reads the topic..

This is the configuration of the topic..:

    <bean id="xmlfilesAllDestination" class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic">
        <constructor-arg index="0" value="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/>
    </bean>

and this is the listeners:

    <jms:listener-container
        transaction-manager="transactionManagerBoserver2"
        destination-type="topic"
        client-id="boserver2"
        connection-factory="connectionFactoryBoserver2">
        <jms:listener destination="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall" ref="receiveMessage2" method="processXMLMessageFromNexstep2"/>
    </jms:listener-container>

    <jms:listener-container
        transaction-manager="transactionManagerBoserver1"
        destination-type="topic"
        client-id="boserver1"
        connection-factory="connectionFactoryBoserver1">
        <jms:listener destination="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall" ref="receiveMessage2" method="processXMLMessageFromNexstep"/>
    </jms:listener-container>

The problem is that the listenerer with client-id = boserver1 always get called when a new
post appears while listener boserver2 is only called most
of the times...?

I have a test program that post a message to the topic every minute but as I said, the listener
for boserver2 is not called all the time but
boserver1 is called every time..

Is this a configration problem? A bug in ActiveMQ? A bug in Spring or (using Spring 2.5.6
btw)?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: