activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject Re: Problem configuring a "network of brokers"?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:55:36 GMT
There is one thing that is still not working...

I changed the queue <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/> to a topic:

	<topic physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/>

And it seems to be workin because when posting a message to that topic on the central server,
it is forwarded to both boserver1 and boserver2. But
when a client connects to either boserver1 or boserver2, there is no topic in the topic queue
to be read and I guess I am still missing something?

BTJ

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:31:21 +0100
Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:

> Hmmm... I might have the config correct... I was confused by the fact that all the queues
are display on the admin page of both boserver1 and
> boserver2... (but the messages seems to only bo delivered where they are supposed to...)
>
> But could any verify that my config is correct? and that there isn't any more configuration
I should/could use?

> BTJ
>
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:06:37 +0100
> Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:
>
> > Hmmm... That's the example I have used but I don't get the config correct...
> >
> > The is the config for the central broker:
> >
> > <networkConnector name="bridge_boserver1" uri="static://(tcp://10.4.34.26:61616)"
dynamicOnly="true" conduitSubscriptions="false"
> [...]
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfiles_boserver2"/>
> >                 </excludedDestinations>
> >                 <staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.queue"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfiles_boserver1"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/>
> >                 </staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                 <duplex>true</duplex>
> >                 <networkTTL>1</networkTTL>
> >             </networkConnector>
> >             <networkConnector name="bridge_boserver2" uri="static://(tcp://10.4.34.19:61616)"
dynamicOnly="true" conduitSubscriptions="false"
> > decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false"> <excludedDestinations>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfiles_boserver1"/>
> >                  </excludedDestinations>
> >                  <staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.queue"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfiles_boserver2"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/>
> >                 </staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                 <duplex>true</duplex>
> >                 <networkTTL>1</networkTTL>
> >             </networkConnector>
> >         </networkConnectors>
> >

> > And this is for the boserver1 broker..:
> >
> > <networkConnectors>
> >             <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
> >             <!--<networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>-->
> >             <!-- Example of a static configuration:
> >             <networkConnector name="host1 and host2" uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)"/>
> >             -->
> >             <networkConnector name="bridge" uri="static://(tcp://10.4.34.10:61616)"
dynamicOnly="true" conduitSubscriptions="false"
> > decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false"> <staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.queue"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfiles_boserver1"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/>
> >                 </staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                 <duplex>true</duplex>
> >                 <networkTTL>1</networkTTL>
> >             </networkConnector>
> >         </networkConnectors>
> >

> > And this is for the boserver2 broker..:
> >
> > <networkConnectors>
> >             <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
> >             <!-- Example of a static configuration:
> >             <networkConnector name="host1 and host2" uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)"/>
> >             -->
> >             <networkConnector name="bridge" uri="static://(tcp://10.4.34.10:61616)"
dynamicOnly="true" conduitSubscriptions="false"
> > decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false"> <staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.queue"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfiles_boserver2"/>
> >                         <queue physicalName="no.asp.nexstep.xmlfilesall"/>
> >                 </staticallyIncludedDestinations>
> >                 <duplex>true</duplex>
> >                 <networkTTL>1</networkTTL>
> >             </networkConnector>
> >         </networkConnectors>
> >

> > The problem is that all the queues are available on both boserver1 broker and boserv2
broker (I thought that boserver1 should not see the bosever2
> > queue and boserver2 should not have seen the boserver1 queue but they do).
> >
> > What I want is messages posted on boserver1 should only reach the central broker
(and not the boserver2 broker). Also messages posted on the
> > central broker should reach either boserver1 or boserver2 (and not based on a random
outcome which). Also some messages posted on the central
> > broker should be delivered to both boserver1 and boserver2 broker...
> >

> > So what am I missing?
> >

> > BTJ
> >

> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:48:23 +0100
> > Dejan Bosanac <dejan@nighttale.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Bjorn,
> > >
> > > this is exactly what network of brokers are supposed to do. Note that broker
> > > will forward a message to other broker only if there is a consumer for that
> > > destination on the other broker. You can ensure that messages go only to the
> > > next broker in the network, by setting networkTTL parameter to 1. You can
> > > also exclude some destinations for a certain network connector and ensure
> > > that messages are never forwarded. Take a look at
> > > http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html for more detailed
> > > examples.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps
> > > --