activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: createQueue for permanent queues
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 02:39:26 GMT
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 18:29 -0800, OneBigHack wrote:
> I tested this and it seems to work, but I want to make sure...
>
> in 5.2, If I have a permanent queue, with messages in it, and I call
> createQueue(fooQueueName), will anything bad happen?  Will it erase the
> queue, and recreate it?  What if a process calls createQueue(fooQueueName)
> when fooQueue is being read or sent to by an external process?
>
> My tests say it doesnt, but I need to know if its a fluke or not.

No, the queue won't be recreated.  The Topics and Queues are created on
the fly at the Broker if a client calls createQueue or createTopic and
that queue didn't exist beforehand, but once created they aren't removed
and recreated if another client calls those methods, the client just
gets a reference to that resource so it can produce and consume along
with the other clients.

Regards
Tim.

--