activemq-users mailing list archives

From alters <kyle.hodg...@gmail.com>
Subject Changes to C# client in 5.2 ? Can't connect via STOMP...
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:14:58 GMT

We've historically used the 4.1.1 era c# client to connect to 4.1.1 brokers.
In a recent architecture review with our vendor (whom we connect to via
ActiveMQ), it was decided that we would experiment with the new 5.2 era c#
client connecting to a 5.2 broker to see if this improved our lives any. We
have lots of client crashes, weird re-connection issues where the broker
still thinks the client we killed is alive and so on.

So we went to download the latest c# client code via subversion. I
downloaded this as per the website
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/source.html on January 16th.  We had issues
building that solution, I got nant errors (I don't use Maven or Nant), but
then noticed that subversion had also downloaded DLL's, so we just tried
those: I opened up the solution for my queue client, removed the reference
to the old DLL and added the reference to the new DLL, then re-built. No
errors! So we're feeling pretty good.

However, when we went to actually connect to our server
(stomp://192.168.0.1:61616 or whatnot, same as always), we get the following
errors:

19/01/2009 1:36:08 PM WRN Transmitter.Setup:: The transport stomp is not
supported.
   at
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.TransportFactory.AddTransportFactory(String
scheme)
   at
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.TransportFactory.findTransportFactory(Uri
location)
   at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String
userName, String password)
   at FAInterface.Transmitter.Setup_R()

This seems to be a client code issue as if we use our old DLL we can connect
to both 4.1 and 5.2 brokers.  What are we missing?