activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paranoid_Fabio <paranoid_fa...@yahoo.it>
Subject ActiveMQ, Camel, ServiceMix??
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:39:32 GMT

Hello. I'm developing a social site. I'm in the design phase and I think I'll
need async messaging for some features.
A typical scenario is:

User x do some activity.
Friends of user x poll the server for activities updates and, when they find
a new activity for user x, display them to the user.

I think that it can be well implemented using async messaging. The new
"activity message" can be put into a queue or submitted to all "subscribers"
(i.e. "user X 's friends").
Now, what do I need to implement this?
Do I need a message broker, an enterprise service bus, ecc?? What's the
differences in terms of features offered by activeMQ,Camel,ServiceMix and
what is the best among these for ease of use/implementation of such
patterns?

Thank you very much!