activemq-users mailing list archives

From icfantv <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: Connection creation timeout setting
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:46:04 GMT

Bruce-

Yah, I just discovered that and posted a response to myself for posterity.

Let me make sure I understand the failover transport correctly: It will, by
default, attempt to reconnect every 30 seconds indefinitely until an
ActiveMQ server is running on the default URL (assuming no additional
failover urls)?

And to answer your question, at first, I thought I didn't want the
connection thread to block, period.  But the more I think about it, if my
above understanding of the failover transport is correct, I think I like
that functionality better because it keeps me from having to handle
connection failures - at least on the code side of things.

--adam