activemq-users mailing list archives

From benshort <...@benshort.co.uk>
Subject ActiveMQ and Transactions
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:38:17 GMT

Hi,

I have one instance of active message broker. I want to receive message from
one queue ( Q1 ) and put them into two queues ( Q2 and Q3 ).

I want this to happen in a transaction so if it fails to be added to Q2 or
Q3 it should not end up in the other queue.

Do I need to use XA Transactions for this or since its a single instance of
the broker will the normal transactions do?

I guess it boils down to does the broker see each queue as a standalone
resource or just one big one.

Regards

Ben Short