activemq-users mailing list archives

From KenCoe <Kenneth....@fnis.com>
Subject IBM MQSeries user seeking advice on ActiveMQ usage
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:58:22 GMT

Hello,
I'm an old user of IBM MQSeries, and, for whatever reason, the ActiveMQ
terms/architecture is confusing my old brain.  I'm used to communicating
between Queue Managers using local, remote and xmit queues.

My requirement is fairly simple:
An application on Server A needs to send message to another application on
Server B, which resides on another network. Server A is a clustered Windows
server utilizing a SAN for a shared drive with its fail-over node.  Server B
is a single server on the network DMZ, without access to the SAN.  The
messages should be consumed only once, by this single consumer on Server B.

With MQSeries, I would have setup Queue Managers on both nodes, defined an
xmit queue on (between) both nodes, a remote queue definition on Server A,
and a local queue definition on Server B.  This would assure delivery of the
message in the event of a network outtage (after the network recovered).  I
don't know how best to accomplish this with ActiveMQ. Can someone advise me?