activemq-users mailing list archives

From davis <davisf...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ Persistence Question / JDBC or Hibernate
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:43:07 GMT

Hi,

I have defined a single ObjectMessage type for a queue, and I am using
journaling with JDBC persistence to Oracle -- everything is working fine.

However, the schema activemq creates auto-magically stores the message as a
BLOB.  I can understand why, but I would like to change this.

I would like to store the message in a custom table.  The
ObjectMessage#getObject() returns a simple bean I created with get/set for
String/int.  I would like to persist this in a custom table so it is
available for querying against (as opposed to a BLOB in ACTIVEMQ_MSGS.MSG)

I am guessing I'll probably have to use Hibernate & Camel to achieve this?
Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
Davis