activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to best implement a producer timeout
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 06:43:40 GMT

On 11 Dec 2008, at 06:34, PankajGugnani wrote:

> Hi rajdavies,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> In my project, I want to throw an exception if timeout occured. But
> for
> this, I need to know what happened to the message. Is it published
> or is it
> discarded. And also, is there way by which I can get an
> acknowledgement of
> what happend to the message(like added to the queue or discarded)

You might be better off using advisories to achieve what you need. The
publishing is decoupled from the dispatch of the message  - see:
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html for 5.2. There needs
to be some better documentation around that - so you can grok how to
configure them - will try remember to do that when I'm not on vacation
(and the wife has just woken up - so I'm in trouble working on my day
off :))