activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about ActiveMQ's worker thread
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:24:44 GMT

On 3 Dec 2008, at 10:34, WhiteSock wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 1
> a) Create a new connection & session for every consumer which wants to
> receive message from a destination.
> b) Multiple consumer share the same connection & session.
> Is there any difference (such as performance) between a & b ?
>
> 2 When I create a consumer to receive message, I found the following
> threads
> running on the background:
>  * Thread [ActiveMQ Transport: tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616]
> (Running)
>  * Thread [InactivityMonitor ReadCheck] (Running)
>  * Thread [InactivityMonitor WriteCheck] (Running)
>  * Thread [ActiveMQ Session Task] (Running)
>  Is there any chance that I can set these threads' name (because I
> create a
> new connection & session for each consumer, I want to set these
> threads'
> name to the destination name which they susbcribed to)?
>
> Cheers.
>
> --

The InactivityMonitor threads belong to the Transport - currently
there isn't a way of setting there names - as they are constructed
before the connection clientId is set.
If you raise an issue on our issue tracker (or better still - submit a
patch!) - we'll see if we can get this in the next release

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies
http://fusesource.com