activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <>
Subject Re: Fixing Issues with Web Console in Seperate Tomcat 6
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:31:32 GMT

I just played with fresh install of Tomcat 6.0.18 and ActiveMQ 5.2.0 and
cannot reproduce the problem related to activemq-all. The 5.2.0 war from
contains activemq and geronimo dependencies and everything works fine.
The 5.3-SNAPSHOT I've built locally does not include these dependencies
and simply putting activemq-all in lib folder makes it run fine. I've
tried both embedded broker and connecting using properties (BTW. How
does your properties look like?)

As for the JSTL, I've put back dependencies to that libraries back and
the next version should work fine with it. Thanks for pointing out.

Dejan Bosanac - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

ActiveMQ in Action -
Scripting in Java -

CheffPJ wrote:
> I was unable to deploy the web console to a seperate tomcat 6 using the
> directions on the wiki page .
> Using:
>  * Tomcat 6.0.18
>  * The -Dwebconsole.type=properties... configuration
>  * activemq-all-5.2.0.jar
>  * activemq-web-console-5.2.0.war
>  * Connecting to an ActiveMQ broker under a ServiceMix 3.3 runtime
> I had to make the following adjustments from the wiki page for successful
> deployment:
>  * Put the activemq-all-5.2.0.jar in WEB-INF/lib as

> a previous post alluded to
>  * Add JSTL jars (standard.jar & jstl.jar) to WEB-INF/lib
> I can't put my finger on what's going on with the classloading, but I have a
> hunch that this is a bug.

View raw message