activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From MaenXe <m...@docmagic.com>
Subject Re: Error setting up Network of Brokers in 5.2.0
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:23:43 GMT

Upon further investigation, I think this may be related to 
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1489 AMQ-1489 .  If I specify
a multicast IP for the discoveryURI it works perfectly, just not a name.

M@


MaenXe wrote:
> 
> I'm trying to setup a multiple networks of brokers for 4 different
> environments we have: dev, qa, stage, and production.
> 
> The default configuration example shows the following line to setup the
> transport listener to self advertise over multicast using the name
> 'default'
> 
>          <transportConnectors>
>             <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://hostname:61616"
> discoveryUri="multicast://default">
>         </transportConnectors>
> 
> Since I want these 4 environments to be separated, I don't want to use the
> name 'default', so I used 'dev-jms', 'qa-jms', 'stage-jms', and for
> production I just used 'jms'.
> 
> This is how I had it working in 5.1.0, and now I'm looking to upgrade to
> 5.2.0 and I'm getting an error if I use anything other than 'default' for
> the multicast self advertisement. The error is as follows:
> 
> 2008-12-19 13:54:34,190 [main           ] ERROR BrokerService                 
> - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker. Reason:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: dev-jms: dev-jms
> java.net.UnknownHostException: dev-jms: dev-jms
>         at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1145)
>         at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1072)
>         at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1008)
>         at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:958)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.start(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:299)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.start(TransportConnector.java:245)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startTransportConnector(BrokerService.java:1898)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startAllConnectors(BrokerService.java:1844)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:480)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:52)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1368)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:52)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:115)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:74)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:129)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:79)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>         at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:225)
>         at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:106)
> 2008-12-19 13:54:34,192 [main           ] INFO  BrokerService                 
> - ActiveMQ Message Broker (dev-jms2, null) is shutting down
> 2008-12-19 13:54:34,193 [main           ] INFO  NetworkConnector              
> - Network Connector dev-jms-nc Stopped
> 2008-12-19 13:54:34,194 [main           ] ERROR MulticastDiscoveryAgent       
> - Could not stop service:
> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent@6355dc.
> Reason: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unsupported address type
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unsupported address type
>         at
> java.net.DatagramPacket.setSocketAddress(DatagramPacket.java:292)
>         at java.net.DatagramPacket.<init>(DatagramPacket.java:123)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.doAdvertizeSelf(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:389)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.stop(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:321)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:41)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.stop(TransportConnector.java:258)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:41)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stopAllConnectors(BrokerService.java:1418)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stop(BrokerService.java:513)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:493)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:52)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1368)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:52)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:115)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:74)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:129)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:79)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>         at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:225)
>         at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:106)
> 
> Technically, the error is right, 'dev-jms' is not a valid host, but I'm
> not claiming that it is. I'm just trying to broadcast my multicast
> presence under that name.  By the same token 'default' is not a valid host
> either, but somehow it doesn't seem to mind so much. :confused:
> 
> I would greatly appreciate any help troubleshooting this issue as I'd like
> to roll out 5.2.0 to take advantage of the fixes to the Security
> implementation.  Thanks in advance for all of your help, and MERRY
> CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :drunk:
> 
> M@
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Error-setting-up-Network-of-Brokers-in-5.2.0-tp21098994p21099212.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message