activemq-users mailing list archives

From emc2family <>
Subject how to best implement a producer timeout
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 01:38:45 GMT

when a broker starts to block producers as a result of producer flow
control, is there an elegant way for a producer to timeout as a result of
this?  i was thinking of setting the message's timetolive to achieve this.
i suppose i could also use maxinactivityduration.  i think both will throw a
jmsexception.  which leads me to my next question.  is there a specific
error code for a timetolive or maxinactivityduration exceptions?  thanks a