activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stephen J <stephen.joy...@mclaneco.com>
Subject Interfacing with legacy Websphere MQ clients
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:56:05 GMT

I am working on a project that uses ActiveMQ to broker messages between
Websphere MQ queues. These MQ queues are then read by legacy MQ clients. I
have found that when ActiveMQ passes a message to a Websphere MQ it uses JMS
by default, thus causing extra information to be added to the message body.
Because the clients are legacy MQ clients they do not filter the extra
information added to the body as a JMS client would.

Therefor, I need to be able to set the targetClient property of the MQ queue
destination to 1 in order to send in default MQ format.

Can anyone tell me how to set up my destination queue so that I can set the
targetClient property?

I have looked at the Spring forums and they show how to configure the mq
queue bean, but I can't figure out how to tell ActiveMQ to use that bean as
a destination.

Thanks to anyone who has suggestions.