activemq-users mailing list archives

From Will van der Leij <w...@stonethree.com>
Subject RE: Broker not releasing memory
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 07:13:35 GMT

I concur. Increasing the prefetch buffer just results in the system using
more client memory before filling up its pending queues. My setup also
doesn't use persistence (well, only memory persistence).

The point is that as long as the consumer behaves normally and stays alive,
the memory usage is predicatable. As soon as the consumer dies, it seems
that everything destined to that consumer is left hanging.

-Will