activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stephen J <stephen.joy...@mclaneco.com>
Subject Re: EIPs in the ActiveMQ broker and clustering
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:34:41 GMT

I think I need to explain what I'm trying to do in more detail. I want to use
ActiveMQ as a broker between two MQ series message queues. I can do this
with JMS bridging in a master/slave configuration.

However, I saw that JMS bridging is being deprecated, so I was going to use
camel routes instead, as was suggested to another user on the forums. The
master/slave part using camel routes doesn't work like the JMS bridging.

With JMS bridging only 1 server at a time is brokering the messages between
the MQ queues. With the camel routes, both the master and the slave come up
with live routes, so either one could be brokering messages between the
queues.

I can't use the ActiveMQ failover transport because I don't control the
clients or the MQ servers. The only thing I can control is the ActiveMQ
broker between the two MQ servers.

The issue I am concerned about is setting up JMS bridging then having that
deprecated in new versions of ActiveMQ and not being able to do the same
things with camel routes. I really would like to use Camel routes because of
the great power and flexibility of Camel.

Sorry if I didn't make this clear before. I appreciate your help on this.

I think ActiveMQ and Camel are some of the best pieces of software I have
ever seen. Thanks to all who have worked on these products.