activemq-users mailing list archives

From WhiteSock <whitesock1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question about ActiveMQ's worker thread
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:34:29 GMT

Hi all,

1
a) Create a new connection & session for every consumer which wants to
receive message from a destination.
b) Multiple consumer share the same connection & session.
Is there any difference (such as performance) between a & b ?

2 When I create a consumer to receive message, I found the following threads
running on the background:
  * Thread [ActiveMQ Transport: tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616] (Running)
  * Thread [InactivityMonitor ReadCheck] (Running)
  * Thread [InactivityMonitor WriteCheck] (Running)
  * Thread [ActiveMQ Session Task] (Running)
  Is there any chance that I can set these threads' name (because I create a
new connection & session for each consumer, I want to set these threads'
name to the destination name which they susbcribed to)?

Cheers.