activemq-users mailing list archives

From mysomicra <>
Subject Queue repeatedly stalls
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:32:42 GMT

I wrote a quick performance test to send 100,000 messages to newly installed
activeMQ broker and am noticing odd behaviour.

The producer blocks at exactly the same number of sent messages each time -
5091, and on the machine where activeMQ is installed, its cpu usage drops to

The seamingly odd thing is that while the producer is blocking, if I go into
the web console and view the stalled queue -
the whole thing winds back up immediately and the entire send completes
about a minute later.

I have tried tweaking various systemUsage parameters, but get exactly the
same result.