activemq-users mailing list archives

From Craig De La Hunt <craig.delah...@corefreight.com>
Subject Re: Network of Brokers or Standard connections
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:58:47 GMT

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for the speedy reply, unfortunately my route forward is still a bit
fuzzy.

Could you please answer the following questions as they concern me the most.

1) It seems that messages are passed from broker to broker until the message
reaches a final broker where the consumer for that queue has a connection to
it. ie. If we have 5 brokers and all have consumers running. If Broker 1
sends a message(which is intended for Broker 3) to the queue, could the
message go to broker 2, then to broker 4 and then to broker 3 before it gets
consumed?

2) Is there a difference between "broker to broker communication" and
"broker to consumer communication" with regards to chattiness over the
internet (considering the number of connections would be the same regardless
of the method used ie. if there are 4 clients there will be 4 connections to
brokers/consumers depending on communication method)

Thanks for the help.
Cheers
Craig