activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Pete Kay" <pete...@gmail.com>
Subject Fail-over and clustering architecture
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 07:55:08 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about implementing a failover and clustering architecture
for Activemq.  In my current architecture, I have a cluster of two Jetty
servers running that serve incoming request distributed via a load
balancer.  I would like to enable a ajax-based consumer for the web
clients.  Web client would be connected to anyone of the two Jetty servers.
Given this setting, I am considering implementing the Activemq broker
embedded within each of the Jetty.  So, one Jetty running the embedded
Activemq would be the Master and the other Jetty would br running the
embedded as the Slave.

I am just starting to use Activemq and I would like some comments on whether
this approach is the best solution?

On top of that, I would like to use camel to send out the incoming message
to an external system.  The other problem I am having is how to configure
the entire setup so that only the "Master" activemq will execute the camel
route.  So it done automatically in a Master-Slave setup?

thanks,
Pete