activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Rajkumar S" <>
Subject Using Stomp and Apache ActiveMQ as reliable syslog
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:51:53 GMT

One of my programs requires a reliable way to log across unreliable
network (ie internet). The sender or receiver may go offline any time
and can come back later. But any message sent by client should not be
missed. Obviously syslog does not fit the bill. I am exploring the use
of messaging servers like Apache ActiveMQ instead of syslog. Message
senders are in perl, ruby and C. So I have Stomp as the message

Does this serve my purpose? Is there any pitfall I am missing here?

View raw message