activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <dejan.bosa...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: reading activemq.xml from another activemq.xml
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:25:39 GMT
In case of windows ${ACTIVEMQ_HOME} is actually %ACTIVEMQ_HOME% but if
you plan to put your XML file in the conf/ folder you can just use

xbean:conf/activemq2.xml

As for the service question, yes you are right, just add

wrapper.app.parameter.3=xbean:conf/activemq2.xml

to your bin/win32/wrapper.conf

Cheers

--
Dejan Bosanac

http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

Scripting in Java - http://www.scriptinginjava.net

gimel wrote:
> thanks, but i still can't manage to do so :
> i tried to add something like - xbean:/${ACTIVEMQ_HOME}/conf/activemq2.xml
> to the command, and got :
> java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 8:
> xbean:/${ACTIVEMQ_HOME}/conf/activemq2.xml
>
> beside, i need to add it to the service, so if it's possible to say where to
> add it (i assume it's something like 'wrapper.app.parameter.3'), would be
> great as well.
>
> thanks
>

> Dejan Bosanac-3 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> just run your ActiveMQ with an additional parameter representing URL of
>> the config file, like
>>
>> ${ACTIVEMQ_HOME}/bin/activemq xbean:/path/to/your/activemq.xml
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>>

>> http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide
>>
>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>> Scripting in Java - http://www.scriptinginjava.net
>>

>> gimel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to be able to have my activemq.xml outside of the conf folder.
>>> i think that i didn't see a way to ask it to be called from somewhere
>>> else.
>>> if there is a way to include/import my external xml from the internal,