activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <>
Subject Re: Web console not working with embedded broker setup via java with no xml configuration.
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:05:39 GMT

in order to use web console you have to start web server (Jetty) and
deploy web console application to it.

You can find application war at the following url:

and consult Jetty documentation ( on how
to configure it from Java

Dejan Bosanac - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

ActiveMQ in Action -
Scripting in Java -

darrickc wrote:
> I have an embedded broker completely configured through java code (no
> deployable xml files). When I point my browser to the web console I just get
> a 404, and an lsof shows that nothing is listening on 8161. Is it possible
> to use the web console with a broker setup only with java code? I'm fine
> with using the webserver that comes with ActiveMQ, and I'm fine with the
> 8161 port. I've seen both:
> and
> My goal is to be able to access the web console without adding any
> additional configuration outside of our java server; any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

View raw message