activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <>
Subject Re: Programmatically reprocessing messages from a dead letter queue
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:29:29 GMT

I've created a test case that tries to reproduce your problem
(attached), but it passes against the trunk version of the code.

What version of ActiveMQ are you using? Can you assure that this test
case simulates the desired behavior?

Dejan Bosanac - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

ActiveMQ in Action -
Scripting in Java -

sakkew wrote:
> I need to integrate functionality to an existing system so that operators can
> manually reprocess messages from a dead letter queue, that is to put them
> back into the original queue.
> I use the QueueViewMBean as shown below. The message is put back to the
> original queue and processed by the ActiveMQ server as it should, but if the
> message fails again, the message disappears. When I restart the server the
> message appears in the DLQ as it should.
> Here's the code (I used the Web Monitor as base):
> QueueViewMBean queue = broker.getQueue(dlq);
> queue.moveMessageTo(mapMessage.getJMSMessageID(),
> mapMessage.originalDestination());
> Is there something in the message that should be reset to avoid confusing
> the reprocessing?
> Both client and server uses ActiveMQ 5.1
> cheers,
> Sakke

View raw message