activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Tully" <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignoring Subscription ConsumerInfo
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:23:00 GMT
Both A and B are listening on advisories from each other. When A gets
a subscription, it fires an advisory which B picks up. B responds by
creating a corresponding subscription on B which results in an
advisory. The advisory on B is picked up by the listener on A but the
TTL of 1 kicks in and the advisory is ignored. It is the TTL that
provides the first barrier to circular looping of subscription info
when every broker knows about every other. The other barrier is that a
subscription that already exists on a local broker is ignored also.
So while the TTL is correctly effecting subscription info in this
case, it typically is relevant to message dispatch, restricting how
many hops a message will traverse before stagnating.