activemq-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Quiroz <carlos.quiroz-cas...@nokia.com>
Subject Sometimes Recovering Durable Subscribers fail
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:33:01 GMT

Hi

I'm using the latest AMQ, 5.2 RC2 and we use durable subscribers quite a bit
since our clients go offline often and we want to deliver messages when they
return. Messages are thus set as persistent and with a TTL of 1 week

I have noticed that more or less 50% of the time when I restart ActiveMQ the
recovery is done and the subscribers disappear. When the recovery works I
get messages like

ManagedRegionBroker Restoring durable subscription: SubscriptionInfo...

Otherwise I don't see them and no messages are sent to the clients when they
reconnect. The funny thing is that in the next restart the messages reapper.

I have tried searching the code and even found this bug which was claimed to
be fixed.

Any ideas? Is there recovery always done, should it be forced somehow?

Regards
Carlos Quiroz