activemq-users mailing list archives

From dh_08 <he...@akorri.com>
Subject Using MessageReferenceFilter
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:26:44 GMT

Hi

I am having a problem trying to use MessageReferenceFilter to remove
messages on a queue. I am not sure whether this is the correct approach.
What i am trying to do is as follows. I have a queue configured with 4
consumers. I want to make sure that the queue contains the latest message.
when the queue has pending items before i put the new message into the queue
i need to check if there is an older version of the new message on the
queue. If there is i want to remove it from the queue and put the new
message.

I did not come across a solution for this. Browsing the API i found that we
can use the MessageReferenceFilter and then on the
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue class there is a method named
removeMatchingMessages which takes in a MessageReferenceFilter. My problem
is that i cant seem to get a reference to
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue through activemq. Is this the
correct way to go about this or is there a better way. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

DH