activemq-users mailing list archives

From stevec <basist...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Wire format negotiation timeout
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 04:30:58 GMT

Do you have failover and reconnect logic?  It might not be a problem for you
if you have this logic.  Your client will keep trying to connect and once
connected, will send the message.  new connections are not super reliable
(in my opinion).  if the listening socket is busy i have seen new
connections fail.  since we retry, it is not a big deal... maybe in
10seconds the client will show up on the broker.

the best practice is to have a connection already and just send messages
over it.  why open a new connection everytime?  also once established the
persistence i think would work better, since you need to actually publish
something for persistence to kick in.

it just depends on what type of reliability you want.  you could always
debug your application further to see how long it is taking to do various
tasks.  but if you have reconnect logic already and you are not failing
after you connect, then probably you are running OK.  just depends on
whether you want to do it the best way and invest that effort