activemq-users mailing list archives

From stevec <basist...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Wire format negotiation timeout
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:03:50 GMT

I do not know why they classify as an "ERROR".  This is good for information
purposes; it is not an error.

Go ahead and telnet to your broker using your brokers port.  Then do
nothing.  You will generate this error after the timeout.  This error is
caused by many different possibilities:

Your client initiates a connection and then does nothing.    Are you clients
regular internet users?  if so, then this is perfectly normal unless you are
getting a number of these every few seconds.  If your clients are your own
internal applications, then you should investigate.

If your broker is publically accessible and as part of normal internet
traffic, there are people sniffing out your ports.  they connect to this
port, dont know how to respond to activemq, and they get booted off with the
timeout.

If you have a publically accessible broker you will see this "error".