activemq-users mailing list archives

From akkij <>
Subject destroying an asynchronous message consumer after onMessage call
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 15:40:03 GMT

In our application (using ActiveMQ) we have a single Producer sending
multiple messages to the Queue & multiple Message Consumers are listening to
the Queue. The requirement is that one Consumer should only receive one
message and once done should be destroyed. Basiscally one Consumer per
Message requirement.

We have alread tried to destroy the Consumer by closing Connection, Session,
Consumer at the end of onMessage function but the Message still remains in
the Queue and another Consumer could listen to this message again.

If anyone could help us with this kind of scenario or let us know the way to
destroy a Consumer after it has done it's job it would be greatful.