activemq-users mailing list archives

From jaya_srini <jya_sr...@Hotmail.com>
Subject Prefetch limit for durable topics and Pending Queues
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:52:25 GMT

Hi

can someone confirm what is the default prefetch limit for durable topics?
Is it 100 or 1000? I was seeing 100 on one page

http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

and 1000 on the other.

http://activemq.apache.org/version-5-performance-tuning.html

Also, can someone explain when a message get put on the Pending Queue for a
consumer? If I have consumerA and consumerB publishing to the same topic and
if consumerB is slow in acknowledgement , will it cause the broker to put
messages for consumerA also in the pending queue or will it only be
ConsumerB that will have a growing pending queue

thanks!
Jaya