activemq-users mailing list archives

From skomarla <skoma...@yahoo.com>
Subject message grouping not working?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:09:16 GMT

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20627785/msg-group-test.zip msg-group-test.zip

I have posted my comments in
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1126 since I originally
thought it might be related to the RA, but I'm not sure if it is localized
to the RA.

Attached is a unit test and some sample code.. It has a junit test with two
tests in it.
Both tests start out with sending some message to a same queue split across
three different group ids (20 to group A, 10 to group B, 5 to group C). My
understanding of message groups leads me to believe that the messages within
a group are delivered sequentially, but across the groups they are delivered
in parallel.

If you look at the output of the unit tests, it does not seem to be the
case. in many cases, it seems the messages get delivered in FIFO order
ignoring groups entirely... in the listeners, I have setup various sleeps to
simulate slow consumers.. When the message is from group C, the sleep time
is small, and thus all 5 messages from group C should be delivered before
the second message from group is delivered.. it does not seem to be the case

1 test uses the connection factory directly to setup message consumers, and
another uses spring's listener container. Neither seem to do what I expect.
Maybe I just have something setup horribly incorrectly, but I've seen the
exact same bahaviour using the RA.

Sorry for the double post, but I figured i'd post in the user forum as
well.. soem log output is in the JIRA issue..