activemq-users mailing list archives

From mkeenan <kee...@p2sol.com>
Subject Re: Nms Reconnect
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:35:25 GMT

Bryan Murphy-4 wrote:

> What do I need to do to ensure that our .NET clients will reliably
> re-connect to the server when I bounce it?

You might want to take a look at the Spring.NET source code.  I'm using
message listener containers and they survive an AMQ broker bounce because
there is reconnect logic in that code. You can set the frequency and timeout
to attempt reconnect as often as you want for as long as you want.  The
Spring.Messaging.NMS namespace is relatively small, so hopefully the effort
to find and extract the pieces you might want would be minimal.

Having said that, we are having our own significant challenges with reliable
messaging.  I don't know where the problem is [our code, Spring.NET, or NMS]
so I can't open any useful JIRA just yet.  The biggest issue is that
messages stop flowing and we either have to restart AMQ or restart our
service (which produces and consumes) in order to get the messages going
again.