activemq-users mailing list archives

From bonnyr <bon...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: AMQ-5.2.0 RC3: JMS Exception Could not correlate acknowledgment with dispatched message
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 04:53:01 GMT

Gary,

Thanks for the pointers. I'll try those. In the meantime I'm having other
issues...
I've cleared up the data directory in the broker area (we're using kaha for
persistence)
and restarted the test. I am not able to create the error again !?
However, I've noticed another, more depressing problem :) - as long as there
are consumers
and producers, and the consumers keep up, I get a sustained rate that is
reasonably stable. So far so
good. When the consumer dies and the queue builds up, the rate gradually
drops until (at around 1M msgs in the queue)
it stops almost completly and will allow around 3 m/s. Connecting the
consumer at this point does not
help completely. In fact, the consumer is not able to consume at the maximum
rate I've observed
on the test rig (~1200 m/s) but rather at ~250 m/s and at that point the
producer has recovered its
rate to ~100 m/s. Why is that?

Also, I've shut down the broker and restarted it (there were ~800K messages
in the queue plus whatever
other operations related to acks/deletions stored in the roll forward files)
and it has taken so far 1h 20m
to go through about 80% of the data files (in the journal directory) but
what's more troubling is that
the operation gets slower and slower, almost exponentially. Again, any idea
as to why ?

Cheers,

Bonny