activemq-users mailing list archives

From pratibhaG <pratibha.ghog...@in2m.com>
Subject Problem when using brokerName attribute
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:25:11 GMT

Hi,
I am using activemq inside servicemix.

In my activemq.xml I have following configuration.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beans xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

  <amq:broker id="broker" depends-on="jmxServer" useShutdownHook="false">

    <amq:managementContext>
      <bean class="org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext">
        <property name="createConnector" value="false" />
      </bean>
    </amq:managementContext>

    <amq:persistenceAdapter>

      <amq:jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#activemq-ds"/>

    </amq:persistenceAdapter>

    <amq:transportConnectors>

       <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </amq:transportConnectors>

    <amq:networkConnectors>

    </amq:networkConnectors>

	<amq:destinations>
      <amq:queue physicalName="resolved.error.queue" />
    </amq:destinations>
  </amq:broker>

   <bean id="activemq-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="${driverClassName}"/>
    <property name="url" value="${jdbcURL}"/>
    <property name="username" value="${username}"/>
    <property name="password" value="${password}"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements"
value="${poolPreparedStatements}"/>
  </bean>

</beans>

when I changed the line
 <amq:broker id="broker" depends-on="jmxServer" useShutdownHook="false">
 <amq:broker id="broker" brokerName= "myBroker" depends-on="jmxServer"
useShutdownHook="false">

I have just added a new attribute brokerName

I see the strange behavior:

This is what happens when I don't use the brokerName= "myBroker" attribute.:
 Servicemix keeps all the data in its data directory. When I delete data
directory I lose every data that I had. So after deleting data directory my
servicemix would be fresh to create new data on startup.

This is what happens when I use the brokerName= "myBroker" attribute.:
Servicemix keeps all the data in its data directory. When I delete data
directory some data is persisting. So after deleting data directory my
servicemix would not be fresh it still gets some of the data that I had
earlier.

Why is it so?
What the attribute brokerName do? When to use it and when not? Is it
responsible for data persistent?

-----Pratibha